Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Policy
IceCube is committed to protect the health and safety of everyone involved in its operations, and the sustainability of the environment in which it operates. We shall strive for continual improvement and the adoption of international codes and standards where practicable.
- To achieve no injury, lost work days or work related illnesses;
- To fully respect safety and health in all management choices, plans and operations; and
- To comply with all applicable standards of the international oil industry, in addition to the laws and regulations of the state in which IceCube is present.
These goals require that:
- Managers at all levels are responsible and accountable for health and safety matters and for ensuring compliance with this policy statement; and
- All employees and contractors remain vigilant and responsible for their own safety, as well as the safety of the people around them.
- Ensure that contractors, service providers and consultants are aware of IceCube’s policies and standards and where necessary, work with them to raise their standards to meet our requirement.
- Foster a culture where accidents, incidents and near misses are promptly reported and investigated and the lessons learned are shared throughout the organization,
To reach these goals IceCube must:
- Develop and follow efficient safety procedures and standards
- Identify, evaluate and manage hazards and risks involved in its operations
- Ensure that its employees and contractors are properly trained to work safely and to ensure that they know how to act in an emergency
- Emphasise safety and health concerns both on and off work sites
- Perform a regular audit of its compliance
These goals are fundamental to the well-being of all employees as well as the efficient operation of the Company. Helping to fulfil these goals is the responsibility of everyone who works at IceCube.
Minimising the impact of our operations on the environment is of primary importance to us.
IceCube will achieve its environmental goals by:
- Assessing the environmental consequences of its operations on the local environment to limit disturbance;
- Operating in a safe manner to avoid spills, leaks or accidental discharges of polluting materials;
- Limiting the quantities of wastes and other discharges by handling them in a responsible manner; and
- Maintaining pollution contingency plans and the capability to respond in an emergency.
To ensure compliance with the Company’s environmental policy IceCube must:
- Consider the environmental impact of all of its activities;
- Ensure that the environmental goals and standards are understood and followed at all levels throughout the Company;
- Train its employees to carry out their work with due respect and care for the environment;
- Ensure that its contractors follow the Company’s environmental practices in performing their work;
- Report all environmental related incidents and investigate and analyse them to prevent recurrence;
- Perform a regular audit of its compliance with the Company’s environmental policy
- Comply with all applicable standards of the international oil industry, in addition to the laws and regulations of the state in which
IceCube is present.
These goals are fundamental to the wellbeing of the communities with which IceCube works, as well as to the efficient operation of the Company. Helping to fulfil these goals is the responsibility of everyone who works at IceCube.