Effective material handling systems are the backbone of the movement, storage, control and protection of materials, goods and products throughout the process of mining, manufacturing, distribution, consumption and disposal. The focus is on the methods, mechanical equipment, systems and related controls used to achieve these functions.
IceCube has significant experience in bulk material handling systems for iron ore, coal, nickel, iron sand, zinc, slag, cement, Potash and many other materials.
Our expertise includes new plants and upgrades to existing facilities, and expertise in the design and construction of conveyors, stacker/reclaimers, rail un-loaders, ship loaders, stockyards, and crushers including in-pit crushing and conveying.
Our materials handling experience includes:
- Conveyor systems, plant conveyors, underground conveyors, overland conveyors
- Storage facilities, Dump hoppers, Bins, Stockpiles
- Mobile equipment, stackers, Reclaimers, tripper conveyors
- Dozer and Front end loader reclaim systems
- Crushing and screening stations, fixed and mobile, wet and dry
- In-pit crushing and ROM transportation systems
- Loading facilities, truck, train, ship
- Transfer points, innovative soft transfers
- Slurry pumping and piping systems
- Port and marine infrastructure development
- Material flow simulation (i.e. pit-to-port coal chain modelling)
- De-bottlenecking / optimization studies
- Sampling systems